New e-visa system in Iran
In a move to alleviate tourists’ concerns over US sanctions on individuals visiting Iran, the Iranian ministry of foreign affairs has started a program to not stamp the passports of the tourists arriving in Iran.
With entry and exit stamps not to be put on the passports of the visiting tourists, Iran is going to remove tourists’ concerns about visiting Iran because of US sanctions.
This action has been approved by the Iranian police and foreign ministry and it has been put into practice after it got the approval of the council of ministers. In case our partner tour operators in Europe or Asia ask for this, we will be able to organize this process for them in order to facilitate the visa procedure.
Visitors with valid passports or other types of travel documents are welcomed to apply for Iran Visa for various purposes such as tourism, visiting relative or business. According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, almost all foreign nationals require a visa to visit Iran. This visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days with option of extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue. Most consulates need an authorization letter from the ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Applying for this Authorization is the most important step in visa application process which can be done by Iransafar travel agency. after this step your visa will be issued by the relevant Iranian Embassies/Consulates.
1) The applicant(s) should have a confirmed return ticket and a valid passport with at least 6 months validity and a photo to be attached to the application form.
2) This type of visa is only for tourism purpose and the followings are not entitled to this visa facilitation.
Journalists and reporters on mission.
Applicants whose applications for Iran Visa have been rejected before.
Iranians holding foreign passports but still maintaining their Iranian nationality.
3) Retired applicants should mention their previous profession/occupation.
4) Visa upon arrival
Visitors of some nationalities (click here to view the list ) holding valid passports and wishing to visit Iran mainland, can obtain a two-week Tourist Visa Upon Arrival at the airports mentioned below:
5) According to the latest regulations of Iranian MFA, US, UK and Canada passport holders need to pre-arrange a guided tour while their stay in Iran with considerations listed below
- The itinerary format can not change after the visa is obtained.
- Every tour service such as Hotels, Guides, Drivers, etc. should be booked through the same travel agency which is processing the visa.